background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My patients

I absolutely love working as an ultrasound tech in mooresville. Pat thinks I'm crazy bc it's a little further drive, but I think it's worth it; not only for the surrounding coworkers but the patients. In mooresville they are so appreciative of everything we do. There's been some opportunities to be closer to our house, but I've decided I'm much happier where I'm at! Today for instance I had an 87 yr old female pt and her son was with her...she told me I had a calming voice and asked if I had children...I said not yet but told her one on the way! She grabbed my hand and said your going to make such an amazing mother I can feel it. :) I just about started crying bc I had a horrible morning and was up all night bc I couldn't sleep. Once I was finished scanning her son said, " now I know I don't look like the perfect dad on earth but I've got two 15 yr olds and the best advice I can give you is that spending time means everything. You can buy expensive things, outrageous things, but your kid will be more happy just playing in the box of the expensive toy as long as it's with you. He said people need to put the credit card down and pick up a baseball and this world wouldn't have all these problems."

It was the best advice!!! The lady gave me a hug and went off to breakfast. They made my day!! :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: