background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Singing :)

I'm one of those people who KNOWS that my singing voice is (putting it nicely) not so good. In church when we were little me and my sisters would make weird voices and scream the church hymns and input funny words instead of being somewhat normal and just singing the tunes like normal children. Pat makes fun of me daily when I scream, "I love this song", pump up the volume on the radio to some swanky new 92.3 song I love and sing what I think is amazingly brilliant lyrics, then to my surprise the lyrics are TOTALLY different than I had in my head. He always says, "sounds like a Nisey song."





But, my little monkey Jack...he LOVES my voice :). From the first second I held him and said "Hi little guy" and our eyes met and he acted like he had heard my voice for years I knew I had finally found my match! We don't have many children/babies in our family so it's been years since nursery rhymes have been sung. I sing "10 little monkies jumping on the bed one fell off and bumped his head" I forget what comes next so fill-in whatever comes to my head. Most of the time it's something random like about the diaper rash cream or the owls on the wall or our dogs, but he loves it and totally doesn't know the difference he knows mommy's singing and smiling so he should smile too!





I feel bad for anyone who has to listen to me over the baby monitor and poor poor Pat. "Jingle bells batman smells, Lila laid an egg" or "the head bones connected to the hip bone?" or singing the hokey pokey "you put your right hand in and and put your right hand out" I clumsily forget which is right and which is left every time. I sang "baby got back" the other day. But, Jack lays calmly on his changing table and soaks up every tune cooing and smiling. I've gotten used to making a total fool of myself for this child :)

No comments:

Post a Comment