background

Monday, April 18, 2011

Almost 11 weeks..D Day is this week :(


SOooo the dreaded week is here. I go back to work on Thursday. Words can't describe how MUCH I'm dreading this. I never thought I'd want to be a stay at home mom (fulltime anyways) and right now I feel like the only thing holding me from it is of course the $ and mainly bc I carry the benefits for our family. Jack had so many rough weeks that I hate leaving him now that we have everything figured out! About a month ago he was diagnosed with the milk allergy so I am now officially dairy-free and also he has reflux. He was prescribed zantac and also prescription gas drops bc his gas is so bad. He is so much better!! When his reflux got to it's worst point, he wouldn't take a bottle like he had from 2.5 weeks on...he refused, it hurt to bad and he just wanted to nurse. I've been PANICKING the past few weeks honestly buying every bottle/nipple in every store...sometimes he would take a little, but usually he would spit it out and SCREAM.

I have to go back to work two weeks fulltime...uggghhh. We are taking him to Barb, James' sitter the first two weeks so he really really needs to take a bottle or atleast get milk somehow. I talked to my friend/photog. Sarah and her lil girl had the same problem and really refused to take a bottle for 11 months. I know everyone says "he will if he's hungry enough" but he would be starving and it just enraged him more when you put a fake plastic nipple in his mouth. It's the worst feeling in the world to know that every time you leave if he gets hungry he will just "scream it out". So basically I've just been home every 2 hours....if I have errands to run I make sure I nurse immediately before I hit the door.

Today I did a trial morning run...just so I can have an idea how early to wake up on thursday. I need to nurse, pump, shower, and get out the door by 715a. Luckily Pat is dropping off Jack these first few weeks...then once I start my part-time schedule we won't have to take him anywhere :). Today was NO NURSING day, I tried bottles, shot glasses, sippy cups, and syringes, and spoons. We DID IT! I'm so proud! My goal was to make it until 1130 (my lunch time at work in case I needed to run and nurse him) and we made it til 530!!! I'm so proud of my lil nursing king!! He actually took down medela bottles today and the nipples were for over 9 month olds and was slurping from a shot glass. He wasn't grouchy at all!!

These past weeks have been awesome, he is really starting to come out of his shell and we can see his little personality more and more every day....kind of scary how much he reminds me of myself! He is now cooing and has officially found his hands. He loves sucking on them and is constantly moving and grabbing. After 10 weeks mommy of the year has finally understood some of his cues and knows when he needs a nap and when he's too overstimulated. He loves bathtime and lovessss to be changed~he could sit on his diaper changing table and coo for a half hour easily.

Jack was pretty cooped up for a while. With him being sick and then him being in so much pain from the reflux it was hard to take a screaming out of control baby anywhere. We're starting to take him out more...we had a dinner at the rooney's and Jack actually fell asleep there, we actually had our first zoo visit with the durretts, and we went over to the durrett's for dinner and jack went to sleep there also. Each time it builds my confidence a little more. This weekend we're going up to Mel's and it will be the longest car trip....this could be really good or really bad...his relationship with his carseat is a love/hate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment