background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

We are full term!!

I never thought I'd say this but little man is now FULL-TERM! We made it to 37 weeks! Things are going good! Unfortunately I'm still super sick with this horrible cold...it's almost been a full 2 weeks....they think it's just a bad virus, so they don't really want to put me on antibiotics this late in the pregnancy game. So that means poor Pat has had to put up with me peeing 24/7 throughout the night but also blowing my nose and coughing constantly. I'm hoping maybe the coughing/sneezing will help my cervix open?? haha not really sure if that's possible.

I had my Dr. appointment yesterday and met with Dr. Debikey it was interesting meeting her because she is a doctor that orders ALOT of exams at St. Francis so it's nice to put a face to the name. They said my weight and blood pressure look great, she also said I tested negative for the group b strep test which is great. I was worried about testing positive for the group b, not bc it's a big ordeal or anything, but bc I'm allergic to penicillin. If you test positive they give you antibiotics during the delivery so that it doesn't hurt the baby. If your allergive to penicillin they have to use a lot stronger drugs for such a small problem so it's great that I don't even have to worry about it!

Then, she checked my cervix and I'm not dilated or effaced. She did say that my cervix is definitely lower and softer so things are moving along. She measured my uterus 3 weeks small, so needed to have the ultrasound tech take a peek bc it's common to leak fluid and not know it. Baby Jack was measuring a week ahead as usual and 7lbs 4oz. he's head down. The fluid looks great also! They said it's just my build and now that his head is getting lower I may measure smaller.

Last night was a full moon and they say many women go into labor those nights. It was weird because I was having alot more braxton hicks that usual. Every position I laid in I would get one. They say it's just your body practicing and slowly preparing for delivery!

We are definitely getting closer and closer and couldn't be more thankful to make it safely to this point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment