background

Friday, January 14, 2011

36 weeks!

Met with Dr. Boyce today for my 36 week appt. Can't believe I'm 9 months!! I really liked her alot, she told me everything I should be expecting/feeling in the next week. I was worried bc I have a horrible cold this week and I was worried if he came early I would be hacking all over him and get him sick and she calmed me down that he probably has antibodies already against this cold from being inside me (crazy what a miracle all this is). She also measured me small and she is about my size and said not to worry, and she told me she was in my exact same shoes with her boy, she always measured small and he always measured about a week ahead. She said her little one was 9 lbs 2 oz! She said I should *hope* for Jack to come around week 38 so he doesn't get too big :). Today was the first time they checked my cervix and I was super anxious. It was alot of pressure bc my cervix tilts back, but was OK, and my cervix right now is completely closed. From here on out I go to the Dr. once a week to check on him and check progress. I guess you can be completely closed one morning and dilated to 10 that night so it's not a very good predicament of labor, but if I would start having contractions and go to labor and delivery they would atleast have a benchmark to compare to and see if they are "real" contractions. I had no idea that you could walk around dilated to 4 for weeks!

She also told me that alot of illnesses are going around so we need to be careful once Jack makes his appearance. She said that with it being flu season she wouldn't have any children come to visit in the hospital or atleast any children under 10. Also to tell family/friends if they are feeling sick to hold off visiting until they are feeling better. It was nice to hear this advice because I was already worried about germs and colds with it being January/February.

I can't wait to meet this little guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment