background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

true. friends.








For some reason while one of my best friends was gone on vacation in Key West I got sentimental and starting thinking about true friends. Have you ever heard the song "Find out who your friends are" by Tracey Lawrence? It's so so so damn true! I mean how many people can you count on in the middle of the night to answer their phone and coming running to help you??? Let's make it even more iffy, how many people can you count on answering their phone in the middle of a Saturday night to come running when you need them?? I started counting and I started to feel down because I honestly couldn't think of more than 5 that would come running and be able to put their life on hold. Then I realized that I was lucky to have even just one!

After having Jack, I'm so lucky to have a couple of friends & family that I know will always be there. The true tests are if your friends stick by your side through weddings, pregnancies, and kids. No matter the distance, some friends will come help you no matter how much of a hot mess you've become. They'll help you fold your 1,0000 unmatched socks before your wedding bc your too stressed to even care, they'll let some topics just sit and stew for a while before bringing them up and know that you'll bring it up in your own time, & they'll know when to bring you a delic. dinner after a long week. Some of my closest friends are also the ones that have to live the furthest away which really puts a damper on things. And years ago I would've never guessed it but some of my closest friends are through my husbands friends and now I can't imagine not having their advice.

I'm sure we all have atleast 100+ facebook friends, but the ones that really count are the ones who are there for you even at your worst! They tell you that you sure as hell need a shower or atleast some deodorant, and come over to hold your screaming reflux baby so that you can enjoy one peaceful warm shower even if it involves possible hearing loss. They're the ones that you can sit in a restaurant and hold the menu for and hour and forget to order because your too busy catching up.

My goal this year is to take more time out for this real friendships because they are what REALLY matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment