background

Friday, July 2, 2010

1st Ob appt

Whew! Our first OB appt went really well. I was very anxious, Pat of course was calm as usual. I'm glad one of us can keep our cool. I had one million questions and they answered all of them. They also did bloodwork, bp, weight, and also did a scan. The scan definitely calmed me, I know I know I scan myself all day long, but I hadn't done an internal scan since they beginning and they are such better detail and give a much better picture for the dr. Everything is right on schedule and the baby measured 8 weeks exactly to put the due date Feb. 10 still. It was really neat for pat to watch and see the baby and how much it's grown and hear the heartbeat. They also told me things I should avoid...I've read about a million different things from books but it was good to hear from a nurse what was a little extreme and what to really avoid...hair color first trimester, acne washes (I now look like a 13 yr old with all of these zits), certain cheeses, caffiene, hot tubs, the list goes on! All in all it was a great appointment and our prayers are paying off :) This week our little one is the size of a medium sized olive!

No comments:

Post a Comment