background

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baby Shower!!! :)










Well this past Saturday was Jack's AMAZING baby shower!! I really can't believe how many people took time out of their crazy busy weekend schedules to come see us let alone bring SO MANY wonderful gifts. It just goes to show how many wonderful people we have in our lives and really brings a tear to my eye when I see a room of crowded people that are so supportive of our little one that isn't even here yet. We really couldn't be more thankful especially on the week of Thanksgiving to see such giving people!! We got everything that we would EVER need for baby Jack! Also my friends did such a great job planning and preparing everything from the games, cupcakes, food, and organizing such a big party. They also made a "vintage table" that had alot of me and pat's old baby/kid stuff. It was so cute to see little pat's old tae kwan do (?spelling) jackets and old notre dame tees.

We got some really special gifts. Pat's parents gave him a book that had notes from each parent from when he was little written to him. I read some to Pat this morning and it is just such a special gift to hear exactly what was happening in their lives at certain times and see such cute milestones. It will be neat to compare where Jack is and where Pat was at different stages. I will definitely try to do it for Jack. Our friends the Bakers had a build-a-bear made with Jack's heartbeat recorded so when you squeeze his hand you hear the little heart beating~~it's the best sound in the world to me so it makes me smile everytime I hear it~~I may be sleeping with it instead of Jack haha. After the shower our family and friends came over to see the baby room which is looking great!

Once everyone left me and Pat started to go through the gifts so he could see all the goodies. It was so cute because he absolutely wanted to open everything and put everything together ASAP. I told him it's a little too soon, but there was no stopping him. He put the carseat together, the stroller together, & the swing together. Well he started with the swing and then Dustin and Jared stopped in (thank god) and helped him finish it. After that we had a bonfire with a few close friends and passed out cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment