background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

29.5 weeks!! Turkey Day :)

We've made it to week 30 :). This past week has been pretty busy, I've had a pretty hectic work schedule and also thanksgiving was Thursday. On actually thanksgiving I was on call (but never got called in!) and we went to my family's in Mooresville~~it was delicious! Friday I had to work and then we went to the Rooney's for some of Lisa's yummy homemade noodles and tons of food and played some bingo...we actually won a few times and got a $25 gift card for best buy~~we def. need it since our xmas gift to each other will be to buy a nice camcorder. Tomorrow (sunday) we are heading up to see Loren ( pat's mom) and Don (pat's stepdad) for some more eating and visiting :).

Today we ran to buybuybaby to get a breastfeeding book I wanted, a baby gate, and humidifier. I was reading the breastfeeding book earlier and can't BELIEVE all the benefits that I had never even heard before. From less diseases, better smelling poopy diapers (ha), less problems with teeth, cancers, obesity, diabetes, personality/mental disorders, allergies, basically anything you can think of. I've enjoyed the book so far and I've been totally sold on breastfeeding just from my mom and from working in the health field, but part of me always worries that the milk won't come in or something will fall through. I know it'll will be difficult, especially going back to work, but in the end it's something that's very important for me to atleast try. But, this book really coaches you even if you have a baby in the NICU how to get through any of the pitfalls. I think I'm going to purchase the Medela freestyle pump~~it's pretty pricey but I've found it 100 dollars cheaper at Burlington and it is such a great brand and alot of people use it for many babies! Also I figure spending that much won't be as bad bc my sister, dana, and kim could just buy new parts and use the machine.

I'm getting excited for my little Lucy's 1st bday party next weekend! It's Sunday and someone from work is covering my call for me. I haven't seen her really since Kim's wedding?? so it's been way too long and I'm having Lucy withdrawals. We are sending her gift in the mail this week so I'm excited to see what they think! (I know her mom sometimes reads this so I can't put what we got her).

Ok back to watching Borat with the husband~~I'm getting pretty bored ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment