background

Sunday, November 21, 2010

7 months!! 3rd Trimester!

We've made it into month 7! Everything is still going wonderful I'm about 28.5 weeks and going strong! I had my 28 week appointment that I was so nervous about since they draw blood and test for gestational diabetes. All my tests came back NEGATIVE :) We couldn't be happier with the results!! I met with Dr. Bowers another male Dr. in the practice who was really nice. He told me Baby jack and me are right on track! Things are looking great weight and measurement-wise. Since I'm now into 3rd trimester I will now go to the Dr. every 2 weeks so they can closely monitor the signs of pre-term labor, pre-eclampsia, or any other problems. It's going to be hectic getting there every 2 weeks but honestly it sort of calms me bc they will be able to catch any issues early and working in a hospital it just is amazing how important good prenatal care is. After the great appointment me pat and the Durrett's went out to eat to celebrate! We went to the Cheesecake factory and it was DELICIOUS and we got red velvet cheesecake..yum!!!

At the Dr. appointment the Dr. asked how I was honestly feeling and if I feel Jack moving. I really can't believe it, but pregnancy has been the best time of my life! I feel great and can't believe all the miracles that are happening right inside me. I now feel like as Jack gets bigger I get to know him more and more. I have his movements down pat, I know that he will wake up more at night (like his mommy and daddy) and I know that I rock him to sleep all day at work. I know that when I get nervous or stressed he will wiggle around and it's almost like he's trying to calm me down letting me know he's there and if I just put my hand on my belly it will calm him down. It's the best feeling in the world. I think I'm probably one in a million to say this but I'm REALLY going to miss being pregnant. I told Pat this morning that I know it sounds crazy and I know our little Jack will have to face this crazy world and I can't wait to see him follow his dreams, but I love knowing that he is just so safe right here with me. With all the child molesters, rapists, crazy people that are in this world it's so nice to know that innocent Jack is cozy warm and safe right in my belly. I know that no one is hurting him, I know when he's hungry, I know that he's right here safe and sound. I guess seeing all the suffering and crazy stories that go in/out of the ER's I've worked in have really made me realize how lucky we have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment