background

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Showers and Registering

Well I got a TON accomplished today! We finally had a productive weekend for us, we have had so many weddings/events each weekend that we have totally neglected everything at home and our house was a MESS. All day saturday we spent painting/cleaning/organizing and piling up clothes that will go to the needy because it's pretty embarassing how much STUFF we have in this house. We really don't have many free weekends before the shower so we have to get the JUNK out. Saturday night we went to a bonfire at the Koers' residence and then Sunday I started registering! Our good friends Jon and Jenny have two little girls and she breastfed so she is well-informed on baby stuff! I dropped Pat off to help Jon watch the girls and watch football and Jenny and I went to Buybuybaby. I'm also going to register for some items at Target bc I don't think there is a buybuybaby is located on the northside. It is so overwhelming with all the different stuff in those stores so it was so nice to have someone atleast narrow things down to 2 or 3 items. If me and Pat would've gone alone I can't even imagine what would've happened haha. Me and Pat are going to go back and get the bigger items together like the stroller, carseat and pack & play so we can try them out too. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have my friends help during all this!! I think I text my friend Melinda 1,000 times a day with the most retarded questions that a new mom could ask. And poor Jenny was so good at describing what in the world I do with the breastmilk to contain it once it's pumped...I had no idea they have freezer bags???

I think I'm going to borrow my friend Shawn's bassinett for our bedroom. Lord knows I can't even drop my dog's off at the vet without crying so who am I kidding that he will be separate the first few months :) Also, another exciting thing I registered for was a video monitor. I just know myself way too well and will have to SEE baby jack and know that he's safe plus these have a two way speaker so when he starts to understand/climb out you can catch him. I ended up registering for the same monitor my friend Jamie at work has and LOVES.

In the end, the last time I went to buybuybaby I felt like fainting and this time I left so much more confident :) Thank god for great friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment