background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Rooney #2

Welp by this time in Jack's pregnancy I had documented every week and every feeling....they say the second time is different and HOLY hell is that true! I'm 12 weeks give or take a few days and feeling pretty horrible.  Jack's pregnancy was amazing, I was in a great mood yes I puked, actually I puked alot~~but I like to call it happy puking.  I'd get sick and then move on with my day.  This pregnancy I've actually gotten sick less, but feel the worst hangover of your life all day and all night.  It hit me like a ton of bricks right at 6 weeks pregnant.  The only thing that has kept me thinking positive is looking back at how bad I felt week 6-9 and I know that is has gotten tiny bits better than those weeks.  I was still nursing so I literally was exhausted getting up off the couch to run to the bathroom.  Everyone keeps mentioning zofran & anti-nausea and anti-puking drugs, but to be honest I'm not puking that much it's just the true exhaustion and those drugs scare me.  They haven't been used long medically during pregnancy and side effects are just now coming out from effects used during pregnancy.  I'd have to be risking the baby's health to break down and take them.

With all this exhaustion I've had to totally back down from photography until all this passes.  I shot a friend's shoot a few weeks ago and was so faint/dizzy/pale for the rest of the day.  I hate not getting out and enjoying all this awesome summer sunset light, but to be honest the thought of editing makes me want to puke and it does make me puke.  It is so strange!  I've been trying to edit my friend Lauren's engagement pictures since June! Thank god she's been so patient with me.  Every time I open up photoshop and start to edit, my head starts to hurt or the screen makes me dizzy.  I'm so tired once we get Jack to sleep that usually I go to bed, so I've been having a hard time even finding the free time to edit.  I ended up telling clients the truth and just being honest that I have no idea when this will pass and I'm hoping in fall to be shooting again.

I'm so thankful that my husband has been so amazing through all this.  He comes early from work when I would text him that I literally was laying on the bathroom floor.  He comes home and quickly whisps Jack away to go run at the park or run outside.  Jack and baby #2 you are very very lucky!  He also brushes his teeth and washes his face 90,000 times so I smell no alcohol on him before bed and continues to do the greasy dishes and totally random things that set off these lovely hormones.  It must be so so weird for men so deal with all these changes and not really be the one *feeling* it all. 

The one great thing about feeling so blah is that I know my hormones are high.  With Jack I'd feel so great and have so much energy that some days I'd get worried that levels were dropping.  I think God led me to this career because thank God I can check on the baby atleast once a week :). 

 I'm so thankful to be coming out of this first trimester and so hopeful that my energy will be back 2nd trimester :) baby #2 I know you will be so worth it!!!


Sweet moments: Lila knew from the VERY beginning and started acting very snuggly with momma....now Jack knows where the baby is and rests his head and smiles on my belly.  I can't believe he even knows what I'm saying, but he gets it!  They say if your nursing your milk changes and the nursling knows~~so who knows maybe that's what happened.  He's such a great big brother to Lila I know he'll be a great big brother to you baby #2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment