background

Friday, February 25, 2011

When it Rains it Pours! Jacks 3 weeks!

The first 2 weeks at home went so smoothly, we had so much help and so many family and friends coming together to get us through! Breastfeeding was going great and Jack was a happy little man! This week things went downhill, my milk supply got really low due to a UTI and Jack was extremely grouchy over his food! Then he started getting stuffy and was really fussy. We took his temp after he was screaming even while he drank a bottle and he has a little temp. At 2 am after 3 sleepless nights, a fever was the last thing this stressed to the max-girl needed. Did I mention how much I love my Patrick??? Even though he had to get up early and work he was missing out on almost as much sleep as me trying to get Jack calmed down. I also talked him into going to the lactation consultant appt that I was extremely anxious about and to the pediatrician appt. even though he really needed to go into the office today.

The lactation consultant gave me some great info and REALLY calmed me down. I'm already seeing an improvement in my supply and pray that it comes back as strong as it was before! The pediatrician says Jack has a cold/virus upper resp infection. We've been trying to limit visitors but it's so hard to deny people seeing the first little one on both sides.

I'm praying that all this passes and I look back and laugh~~well I'm already laughing when I look in the mirror and look at our house that looks like a hurricane tore through it :). I thank God everyday for my hungry little boy and my husband who will bend over backwards for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment