background

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

RIP Dave Moore


Well today is a snow day and also the funeral of a classmate of mine from Roncalli. He graduated with us in 2000 and was recently killed in random traffic stop. I remember what a great guy is was all-around. He was never really a partier, never starting trouble, and always friendly to everyone. He always was kind to everyone, it didn't matter what "clique" you were in. Its obvious that he had many friends and effected so many people in the community, considering his funeral was at Conseco. Today was also the "icestorm" of 2011 so we watched the funeral from home. After losing about 30 lbs in tears, I really can't get over how strong his family is being throughout this. He really must be around them making them strong. A parent should never have to bury a child and I can't imagine what they must be going through. Throughout all the speeches and songs both his parents keep coming out saying they want to not dwell on his death, but celebrate his life. In all honesty I have no idea how I would even get out of bed, let alone face thousands of officers, family, and friends. I always have to wonder why God takes people like this?? I mean how to these horrible things happen to such wonderful people? But, in reality he made more of a difference on this earth in 29 years than some will in 100 years. I guess we can just be lucky to have known him and learn from him. His death has definitely effected the whole city, and I'm sure his legacy will live on. I also can't help but think of all the families that loved ones received his organs, even after he's passed on he is still helping people. I also heard that someone at Methodist received his heart. They surgeons and doctors couldn't believe that the closest match for his blood type was in the hospital next door, not states away. What an awesome heart to receive!!

Definitely saying lots of prayers today!

No comments:

Post a Comment